Sunday, August 15, 2010

Behind the Camera

{Kyra}

It seems as I get older, there are more and more things to do, and less and less time left in the day (or in this case, weekend) for anything fun or relaxing. With my grammy having been sick for months and going between the hospital and rehab, my family and I had even less time to go out and have a good time. But since her passing a month ago (today), I can say I have finally gotten a chance to go out and have a lil fun.

Tessie (my gram) always did tell me to stop working so hard and make sure to take some time out for fun. I can remember her telling me when I was younger to make sure to take a few minutes out of the day and just sit outside in the fresh air. Well, since her stroke in April, I've actually consciously been making the effort to do just that. I take one evening a week (usually whatever day I choose to come home from the office early) and sit outside waiting for my hubby to get home from work. I sit and think, possibly meditating, and breathe in the fresh air. I don't do anything else, until the hubby gets home and it's time for us to make dinner. :)

This past (okay, it's sunday, so i'll say current) weekend, my niece (technically my second cousin, but she calls me "aunt beth") stayed with my aunt for the whole weekend. Kyra, her sister Danielle (my god baby) and their parents live in south jersey, while the rest of us live in central jersey, so we don't see them very often. So since she was having this sleepover at my aunt's, we all got together for a fun day of Kyra time...and boy, did we have a blast. We had a nice little cook out then the whole crew went over to Keansburg (an amusement park on the shore) to play games, ride the rides, walk the beach, etc. I can honestly say, I thought I grew out of going to Keansburg as, Darryl and I haven't been there since 2002, but having a kid with us made all the difference in the world. I have not smiled so much or laughed so hard in I don't know how long. And if Tessie were still here, she would have been there with us having a ball (and probably having more energy than any of us) and showing us what fun you can have at any age. I know she was there in spirit with us...looking down...loving how much fun we were having together as a family....family means everything to her. :)

RIP my beautiful Tessbabe, I miss you every day.

xoxo,
bb

No comments:

Post a Comment